Monday, April 7, 2008

Puzzle People

Last Christmas break, I discovered there are three kinds of people in the world. And to explain these people I have to make a comparison with completing a puzzle. There are some people who look at the colors on a puzzle piece to find where it belongs in the big picture. Others look at the shape. And some people, like me, look at both. Todd looks at the shape. I'm not sure what this all means, except that we just view the whole world in totally different ways. This is apparent by the way Todd makes some comment thinking it was nice, and I take it completely the other way. For example, today I was making dinner when he says "What happened to you? Why do you like cooking so much now?" Not that harmful...or is it? He could be implying any of the following: that I'm a horrible cook and should stop trying, that I'm a turning into a simple housewife, that I'm a completely different person then he married (more unattractive), or that he likes that I'm cooking more. So many ways to look at it. Of course he says he meant the last one, and only the last one, but how can he expect me to only think of one aspect of the comment? The answer: he only notices the shape. What kind of puzzle completer are you?

3 comments:

Phil and Holly said...

Todd only meant the last one for sure. It's nice to see you cooking more. -Phil-

Matt said...

I don't really like puzzles. At least not the "put pieces together to form a picture" kind.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

We aren't really into puzzles but when I do them, I Primarily look at the pattern of colors to find the next piece. That's so funny! The more I get to know about other Women, the more I feel that we are complicated by design! I am the exact same way and my poor husband is a "real guy" but I've trained him to walk on eggshells when it comes to certain things. Pregnancy also makes you super sensitive! Which By the way, we are SO happy to know of your Pregnancy,
Love you!