Saturday, September 26, 2009

what is in a name?

I'm a name person. I like to know how a name is spelled, and what is means. Not what it means just in dictionary terms, but what it means to the parents. Names should mean something special, sacred, and maybe even a little secret to them. My name is pretty boring...everyone knows how to spell it and everyone knows what it means. I used to say I spelled it Joi, and once I told people my name was Joysephina (remember that Ther and Rach? hehe.) And what does it mean to my parents? I was named after an aunt.
Todd: Means fox
Zackary (spelled a little cool for coolness): means "the Lord remembers" which if you knew a little about before Zackary was here, then you might think it fits.

And now I have a couple future children names...if we ever have another kid.
Boy:
Broden or spelled Brodyn, but called Brody for short. Means "muddy place" Not that cool, but does describe a boy. And I have emotional ties to this name.

Girl:
Right now my favorite, favorite, FAVORITE name is sort of made up. I read it in a book, and when I think of it I just think princess. Don't laugh. The name is Isilee, pronounced "Iz-a-lee" I LOVE it. We would call her Izi for short. It doesn't mean a thing since it's not a real name, but to me it means princess and I love it. Her middle name would be Jane because I love Jane Austen and it sounds good. Isilee Jane. So pretty. Don't steal it unless you want to have nine fingers instead of ten. I bite. :)

1 comment:

KurtandLori said...

Hey, I like the aunt that has your name!!! But I really ;didn't name you after anyone, I just love the name Joy and it's a family name. Plus it fits you so well!! Mom