Have you ever fought with a one-year-old? No? I'll not name the child...you don't know him. (or her) Here is how it goes:
One-year-old ("1" for short): "WAAAAAAAAA!!!!"
Me: "What's wrong, honey? Are you hungry"
Hand 1 some food, which he promptly throws on the floor I just vacuumed. Humph.
1: "AAGGUUU PPPHHHH!!!!"
Me: "Ummmm....Okay? Are you thirsty?"
Hand 1 a sippy cup which follows the same path as the food, breaks open and spills everywhere. *count to ten*
1: (while attached to my legs so I can't clean up mess) "WWWWAAAAAA!!!!!"
Same thing happens when I try changing diaper, snuggling with cartoons, cookies, and reading books. Time to pull out the big guns and find that dang pacifier I've been trying to ween him from during the day...only I haven't seen it for like 5 hours and have NO IDEA where one is. This child has now been screaming for over an hour and I might as well not even be here for all the good I'm doing.
1: "WWWWWAAAAAAA!!!! MOMMMAAAAGAGAGTAPHATOMAMAMAMA!!!!!"
Me: "STOP IT! GIVE ME FIVE SECONDS TO SEARCH THIS HOUSE FOR YOUR STINKIN PACI! AND WHERE IS YOUR beep beep beeping DAD??!! HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE 15 MINUTES AGO!!!
Stick screaming child in crib and close door. Take big breath and count to 20. Go outside to the car and FINALLY find paci, and luckily dad comes home to rescue child from crib at exact same moment.
End of story.
On another completely different note, Zack went to scouts tonight with Todd and so I had the night off. Not that I needed it or anything, my child is perfect. :)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh man, I've totally been there so many times. Madi was a very whiny baby. Now I have days where BOTH of my children are whining at me and holding onto my legs all day. If they're gonna be whiny it's not going to hurt to put him in the crib. Sometimes when Jax is having a rough day I just leave him in the crib for 20 minutes or so. It gives me space and usually he's happier when he's done. Good luck!!
whew. i can relate! i've been leaving a certain child in his crib for a few moments and counting backwards from 10. glad you got a night off!
Don't you love being a mom :) Kids can be the greatest things but every once in a while...their not themselves :) Got to love those days!
Post a Comment