Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm the (wo)man

Ever since Zack was born he has been such a great sleeper...once he fell asleep. For the first couple months I didn't have the heart to let him just cry it out at night, so I let him decide his bedtime which was usually around ten or eleven. To be fair to me, I read you should wait until they are three months to let them cry it out so that's what I decided to do. Then, on his three month birthday, I put him to bed at nine. I figured he sleeps about seven to ten hours at night so this would give me plenty of sleep before I needed to feed him. Then, after he is fed, he usually just falls back to sleep until around 8 a.m. Zack only cried for the first couple days, now he goes right to sleep! It is amazing. I'm just so proud of myself for not pampering him and letting him cry it out! Zack makes me feel like a good mommy, but I know I just have an incredible baby. Look at what time I posted this, and know little Zacky has already been asleep for about thirty minutes (he falls asleep around 8:45).Geesh, being a mommy is soooo easy. This is Zack asleep during one of our naps during the day. Notice how I said "our" naps. Yes, that's my brown sweater next to him...he's my little napping buddy.

2 comments:

Michelle Starrs said...

so cute! and i'm sure you are a great mom and have a great baby :)

Rach said...

way to go! yeah, lils and i take naps every day together.