So, I know I just jumped on the two kid train about a month ago, but I feel like I have learned a lot about how to stay sane when everything around you is going insane. I have complied a list:
1) finding a good daycare with a gym...OOPS!...I mean a good gym with a daycare. And a fun workout class.
2) Friends.
3) Friends.
4) Friends and playdates and splashparks and lunch dates and movies
5) Sadly, Todd is low on the list since he's gone all day, but at night he is a big help.
6) This blog. It's really, reeeeally, reeeeeeeeeeally sad, but also a good reminder to be thankful for my kids. Especially Zack. It seems like I've been so much harder and grumpier with him since Brody has been born. Is it so hard for him to be quiet or not touch something or not play in water after I have dressed him for the day or dump out the huge bucket of blocks that I JUST picked up? The answer: Yes. He's two. The little girl on this blog is adorable and her mom is even more amazing. The post "We're hanging in there ourselves" seriously made me cry.
Ashley says "So tonight, when you've had a long day and your kids are on your nerves, realize how much different you would be without them."
I love you, little Zacky, even when you get on my nerves...which is a lot more these days then I like to admit. And I don't even want to think about where I would be without him.
So, there you have it. My little list of sanity. Oh, and a little retail therapy when your having a really bad day. :)
The Dirty Dash
8 years ago


3 comments:
Awwwe! Sanity - It's def. nice to have! :) I feel ya!
And thank you for sharing the Sullengers blog. I read it all.
It def. makes you so very grateful for your children. It makes you want to spend more precious time with them. Cuz you never know.
Sounds GREAT! Let me know and we'll plan on it!
Oh, that blog is heartbreaking. I had to go into Claire's room and watch her sleep, and shed a few tears. It really does help you to be grateful for every second you have with your kids. Thanks for sharing this post!
Post a Comment