Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What day is it?!

I can't believe a month has gone by since Brody joined our family. A MONTH! And so many changes have happened...well, two changes and they all have to do with Zack.

1) Zack is in a big boy bed! Yay!

2) He has gone potty twice in the toilet! We will start official potty training in a week. Wish us luck!

Brody is getting bigger and learning the power of his cry. He is still waking up about every three hours at night to eat. Last night he did go four, but I'm not setting this as the new time frame. Just wait, little Brody, just wait. At six weeks I get meaner (not more sleeping with mommy and daddy and you WILL wait at least three hours to eat. No more snacks.), and at three months I'm like the devil (strict bedtime, and more time between feedings. Zack was sleeping through the night by this time.) Hopefully there will be more sleep in my future.

Todd is still working. He is doing such an amazing job at helping me when he gets home. I know he is tired, but he is always helping me pick up or taking one of the kids just so I can sit down. And he even takes Brody at night if he won't go back to bed. So wonderful. Now if only we can add studying or taking the GMAT to that list...:)

I'm still about the same. Reading, just being with friends, chasing after Zack, nursing Brody, constantly cleaning, being spit up on, changing diapers, napping, going to the splash park, becoming the master of crockpot meals, and dreaming of buying a house are my main hobbies right now. I'm also looking into taking a couple classes from the college here just to use my brain a little more. Not that I never use it being a mommy, just that I exercise my patience way more than my brain and would like to switch that.

Sorry no pictures. They will just have to wait until the next post and next time I have spare time that isn't filled with a nap. Just imagine Zack a little tanner, Brody a little more chubby, Todd a little more sleepy, and me without the belly. There ya go!

2 comments:

Annie said...

is that even allowed that you post without pictures? not that you need it, because you so don't but i can't wait till you add gym to you list of hobbies...two more weeks! i can't wait to hit up some classes:)

Amanda said...

Joy! I love the pics on the previous post! You look so beautiful! Don't ya know your supposed to look gross once you give birth...it's only fair to the rest of the world! haha Love you and can't wait to see Brody!