So, Zack has been the WORST child ever the past couple weeks. Not on purpose, though. A week ago he had a major fever, runny nose, coughing...you get the picture. The fever finally went away, but everything else is still here. And now his fever is coming back and he is crying all the time! Not little cries, but SCREAMING cries. I. Can't. Handle. It. And we are in Brazil, about a billion miles away from his doctor. Here are my questions:
1) He is five months old. Could all this possibly just be teething? Has anyone else had a child teeth this dramatically?
2) Is it possible he has an ear infection even though he is not reaching for his ears?
3) Any other ideas?? Or anything that could help?
Zack is always so happy it drives me crazy to see him like this. He has a doctors appointment on Friday as soon as we get back to Idaho. I'm not sure what is worse: being the sick one, or having to put up with the sick one. Blah.
The Dirty Dash
8 years ago


5 comments:
every baby when teething is different, are his gums swollen or red? get some baby tylenol or motrin to help with the fever.... did it start in brazil? the water there? i mean babys are super sensitive to water, even when we just go to bellingham from salem, lily gets really toxic poo cause of the water....poor little guy. have your inlaws call their doctor and see what he/she thinks. call your mom too, she is a nurse. wish i had more answers, i am so worried for you for the flight home! we'll light a few candles and say some prayers, and possibly do a baby dance?
I was thinking about the water too. You mention the ears. Is there an elevation change? Maybe have Todd give him a blessing. I'm sorry. Sick babies are no fun. Poor guy. :(
Man I don't know, sorry I wish I had more child advice:) So are you guys not coming to stay with us anymore for the reception?
I am so sorry!!! I wish I could be there to try my baby whisperer techniques on him...haha. I don't have any awesome advice or anything...sorry. Why dont you take him to the doctor there before you leave? Do your inlaws know of a doctor you could trust? I hope all goes well..let me know how it all works out! well pray for ya
Sorry, hope he is feeling better by now. Is he? Hope you at least got to go to the beach!
Post a Comment