Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The White Goblin


I'm now fully convinced there is a white goblin living in our apartment. I thought it was a ghost for awhile, but now I KNOW. Weird noises happen all the time in apartments, but I hear really weird noises only when Todd is gone. And they are always coming from the bathroom, bedroom, or the water-heater closet. My theory is the white goblin lives in the water-heater closet and only comes out to walk around our apartment when Todd is not home, and he doesn't care if I'm still home because I'm weak. I thought my frequent trips to the bathroom every night where annoying, but now they are scary and annoying. I actually run back to bed saying "Todd, Todd, Todd, Todd..." with my eyes wide open. This is because I saw it once while I was sitting on the toilet one night with an exceptionally long pee (sorry if that is too much info.). I had my eyes closed and was half asleep when I felt someone...or something...was watching me. I quickly turned my head to the door (I left it open...) to see if I could catch it, and I sort of did. I saw a white flash by the edge of the door and the word "goblin" came to my mind. The next morning I told Todd about my experience, and he doesn't believe me. But, he does sympathize with me so he doesn't get mad when I freak out while returning from the bathroom.

Side note: This is probably the dumbest post I have ever written, and I want everyone to be aware that I understand that there really is probably no white goblin and I'm just crazy afraid of the dark. Either way, I thought it was interesting and thought you would like to know about it so that when you come to visit you won't be taken by surprise when you meet it. And yes, reading this post was a HUGE waste of your time. :)

8 comments:

Phil and Holly said...

So scary! I should not have read this post cuz now I'm gonna be looking over my shoulder everytime I get up for a middle-of-the-night pee. Thanks a lot Joy! Maybe I shouldn't read The Host... its probably the cause of your "sightings"...
-Holly

A little Birdie... said...

great, now I'll never be able to pee at night again. Thanks...

Rach said...

honestly, take that picture off! it creeps me out every time.

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

And to add to my list of tricks this goblin likes to play, last night it was turning the light off and on while I was taking a shower. Meanie.

Janice said...

Not a waste of time, just a good smile ( I didn't say laught:))I guess it's good to know Heather has friends that are as scared of the dark as she is.

Heather's mom

KJ and Michelle said...

Good thing he wasnt playing N*Sync like your last ghost that you told us about...hahaha

Michelle Starrs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Starrs said...

haha this cracks me up and i totally believe you because where i used to work must have been built over and Indian burial ground. it was haunted. i swear!