Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


I know I'm not an official mother yet, but Todd gave me the BEST Mother's Day ever! This might not sound like a big deal to most of you, but you have to understand that in my family we don't really celebrate Mother's Day. My poor mom always cooked, and we never gave her any presents. So, last year when I went to Todd's house for Mother's Day, it was a shock. Becky didn't have to do a thing and all the kids bought her something! It was amazing. Back to my story, yesterday I was taking a nap and I woke up with Todd bringing me a dozen roses and a cute card. Then he did the dishes, and today he made me dinner. It is amazing. I just wish Mother's Day came twelve times a year...one for each month. That would rock.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That's cute. I got a "Happy Mothers Day" in the afternoon. haha. But I'm not even close to being a mother yet so it's alright, and Jeff got me a big present last year. I figure it was worth a couple years!

Phil and Holly said...

Thanks for lunch yesterday, it was great!

Mike said...

That's not true! I always remember Dad making us clean clear the table and wash the dishes on Mother's day so Mom didn't have to. You must not have helped if you don't remember!!