Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh the things preschoolers say...

I LOVE my job. Well, I'm way underpaid and it uses a LOT of my patience, but the kids (my kids) are so worth it. Yesterday a little girl came up to show me how she had cut her finger. Everyone kept saying "Alecsyss cut her finger!" over and over again. So, I decided to teach them a new vocabulary word. I said "Yes, Alecsyss has a booboo." They all thought this was hilarious. And then they turned "look at her booboo's" to "look at her boobies." I'm not sure how this happened, but I just knew I was in trouble. I told them that boobies were not the same as a booboo's, and another little girl says "Yes, booboo's are when you hurt yourself and boobies...(looking down at her chest) are those...(pointing to her chest)." I'm such a great teacher. Maybe next week we can start sex ed.

On another note, Todd is doing SO great with his accounting stuff! He has aced every test and I'm pretty sure he will get straight A's. According to him, going to BYU has made him into a maniac studier and has really helped put the edge in his test taking skills. Problem: I also went to BYU and am doing the exact same (which is good, but I'm not getting a hundred percent on my tests like he is). Maybe I just never get pushed enough to learn to do better? Or maybe my major of Child Development just doesn't require a lot of brains and I get lazy. Either way, I'm glad Todd is doing good.

9 comments:

Janice said...

Joy, I always enjoy your "kids" stories. They make me laugh. Hope you don't mind my checking up on you:) I missed seeing you when I was there with Heather and the new baby at the time.

Heather's mom

A little Birdie... said...

Has Todd found an internship yet? Cory just got one in Bakersfield, CA doing forensic accounting. Ooooo. Todd should apply and we could be California buddies. Plus it'd be next winter which means NO MORE STUPID SNOW!!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

No, he hasn't found an internship. I sort of want to go to New York or something fun. Cali would be fun, too. We will see.

Rach said...

you got barfed on at work!? you got it way worse than me, Lily isnt eating solids.

HANSEN/ PORTER wedding said...

Okay, so your text today made me excited for you to maybe come down here! Our kids will be really close in age so that would be way fun!!!! I think you should come to Ashley's wedding April 25 in Utah. Then we can see you!

Ellen said...

I want preggy pictures.

Ellen said...

Also, I am mad at daycare workers at the moment. Refer to my latest blog entry. :0)

KurtandLori said...

We want preggy pictures too!!!

KJ and Michelle said...

Funny story! I actually laughed out loud because i could picture that happening. haha