Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Tribute to Utah

So, it has happened. I officially miss Utah. And if you ever ask me about this again, I won't admit it. I miss living two minutes from a Mall (notice it is capitalized because I now show this word its proper respect), I miss BYU in Provo, I miss Matt and Cate, and I miss the Jackson family. I also miss Tori (the little girl I babysat), and I miss having all the options of places to eat. To say it gently, I hate Idaho and I love Utah! I know this is just for a couple of years, but I think I might just not make it. So, if you find out that I have driven off some cliff or went swimming with a toaster, just know that I'm in a much better place. Probably Mall heaven. Here are some pictures of the Jackson family. We miss you! And lastly to our temple. True, I didn't get to see it all the often, but knowing I'm four hours away makes it worse.

11 comments:

cate said...

I'm not sure I know the Mall yearning as much as the Matt and Cate missing:). Well, that is to say that I am actually having to talk to people and their babies at church rather than sitting in utter contentment next to you. I don't know, maybe it's good for my social life and your Mall withdrawls but truth be told I miss the Joy and Todd Utah too!

Ellen said...

Why didn't you move to Georgia? Todd is ruining my life.

A little Birdie... said...

Oh my dear Joy! I feel bad for being excited that you are here in Idaho with us! We'll just have to show you all the exciting things of Rexburg.....but I have to find some first :)

chrissy said...

meow, meow kitty cat. i miss utah too.

Matt said...

Utah isn't that great. Malls are great. Eating is great. I am great. But Utah is just so-so. It does beat Idaho though. Joy, come back to so-so Utah.

Jeffery and Nicole said...

It's okay Joy, you can always come back to Utah. We will greet you with open arms:) We miss you guys too!!

Mike said...

I don't ever want to hear those words come out of your mouth again. Shame on you!! If I was there I'd wash your mouth out with a bar of soup and not let you rinse!

Wiseguys said...

I'm sorry that you're lonely up there. I know how it goes. I miss Utah here and I'm still living near a Mall. Take it from someone who has move a million times (and complained about every single one), it gets better after a couple of months. You just have to get setttled and make it your home!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Thanks Sara. Rexburg is really not that bad...just smaller. Much smaller. And we have no family up here. But, it's really not that bad. It could be worse. I mean, at least we don't live...well, I can't think of a place now, but I'm sure there is a worse one.

Jeffery and Nicole said...

You don't miss us? :)

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

AND we miss Jeff and Nicole the most. I just didn't know i had to write it...seems implied. :)