Wednesday, November 10, 2010

unexpected visitor

The sickies have come to visit us. They showed up early Sunday morning, and are still making their presence known.

Poor Zack has been taking it the hardest. He has been suffering since their arrival and is still not completely recovered. Todd was sick all yesterday, but seems to be doing better. So far, I've been okay (knock on wood) and so has this little man.

I hope they leave us soon! The sickies are no fun at all!

A couple random notes:

I finished reading The Diary of Anne Frank. I'm not sure if I read this before or not, but it was like the first time. It was amazing, to say the least. One of my most favorite books ever read. Anne just blows your mind with her insightful thoughts and views on the world. Love her and this book.

A little girl at the library kept telling her mom she wanted to take Brody home. I thought it was cute, and the poor mom had to keep giving her child reasons why they couldn't kidnap my baby. It wasn't until the mom looked at me and said "My little girl has no idea how lucky she is being the only child! She will never have to compete for our love and will get everything she wants!" that I got annoyed. Really? Everything she wants? Except a baby brother or sister. And what happens when her parents are dead? She will be totally alone. I didn't say any of this since it's not in my character to be harsh, and I didn't know if maybe this was her excuse because she couldn't have any more children. Either way, the lady should learn some manners!

Lastly, my little Zack is growing up so fast. It amazes me the changes in our relationship that have occurred in just the last 2 years. It has always been a good, strong one, but the level Zack needs a mom is always shifting. Since Brody has been born, Zack's independence has been on overdrive. It makes me sad to realize he's not my baby anymore, but at the same time I love watching the bond between him and Brody grow. They love each other, and it's the most beautiful thing in the world to see.

That's all the rambling I have for now! Happy October! Eat turkey and drink lots of shasta!!!!!

2 comments:

Mallory Hanna said...

I love Anne Frank! And why are there always mean people at libraries? I swear it attracts them. It's true that one of the best things you can give your kids is a sibling, hello! Sorry your fam has been sick, hope you stay healthy!

cate said...

I think what that library kid is going to miss out on most is some social skills bc she won't get those from mom apparently...

Since I can't enjoy a cold glass of Shasta on the rocks this holiday I suppose I will confort myself with some IronBru. Not as stellar but it's what these Brits have to offer.