First of all: everyone got the guessing game right. I guess they don't look that much alike. Sarah is right about the picture quality, though. I can't believe we had such a bad camera when Zack was born! Oh, technology.
So, I've started reading a book called Christlike Parenting. It's pretty good. Well, REALLY good. I started reading it for this book group I'm in and then sort of just stopped when I realized it was mainly talking about teenagers and all I had at the time was a one-year-old that was adorable. Well, that one-year-old had turned two and, although he is still adorable, it is so scary to me how fast time flies with kids. I know he will be thirteen before I know it.
So far I have found two great quotes that I want to remember/share. Believe it or not, it can actually apply to the here and now for me instead of the future teenagers I'll have someday.
1) "Well-meaning parents who have tried their best should avoid the temptation of using their children's behavior as the measure of their success as parents. If children's behavior were the sole measure of good parenting, our heavenly Father would not qualify. Through Isaiah, the Lord lamented, "I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me". Even with the best parenting, there is always the risk some children will stray." (or throw tantrums, refuse to share, and hit their brother.)
2) "A contemporary religious leader has noted that "it is a great challenge to raise a family in the darkening mists of our moral environment. The measure of our success as parents...will not rest solely on how our children turn out. That judgment would be just only if we could raise our families in a perfectly moral environment, and that now is not possible."
Read this book! Christlike Parenting by Dr. Glenn I. Latham
The Dirty Dash
8 years ago


1 comment:
Awesome. That book sounds great! I especially love that 1st quote. I needed that. Especially when I've got an extremely strong willed 3 yr. old that I try ever so hard will & he's still a nut at quite often. Gotta love 'em! :)
Post a Comment