Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Did you really just say that??

One thing I love about living here in AR is how nice people are. They always hold doors open for you, wave at you when driving, let you cut in front of them in lines, offer to hold things for you, and will have a full on conversation with you even if they just met you five seconds ago.

They also say things to pregnant people that are a little uncalled for.

Like today at Wal-Mart someone literally screamed, "Oh my gosh! Your turkey popper has POPPED!" Really. I know I'm about to explode. I don't need you announcing it in the crudest way possible.

Then at Chick-fil-a Zack decided to take his shoes off and toss them to me. This would have been fine if I would have been paying attention, but instead they landed right in the holy Chick-fil-a sauce (if you're asking why it's holy, shame on you! Go try some) and splashed all over me. Some old guy says "Kids are hard...especially when they act like THAT! I have two girls and they are crazy. Are you sure you're ready for that?"

Do I have a choice? And who asked your opinion? And Zack is an angel, even if he does spill holy sauce on me and run around a stinking fast food restaurant while eating his chicken.

These are just two examples of many. And it doesn't help that most questions or pieces of advice come with long stories. I've actually stopped trying to be nice and now just stare at them blankly. I think it freaks them out a little.

Oh, and no change in the labor thing. :( Looks like I'll make it until the 21st after all. But on a happy note I did have my last weigh in before I deliver which means I can now eat whatever I want and pretend I'm not gaining anymore weight! Yay for sugar!

5 comments:

Hoffman Family said...

You must attract the inresting people! I have never had people be that blunt! Plus I can't believe you went to chick-fil-a without me! I thought we were friends!

Michelle Starrs said...

yuck. i absolutely hate it when people are so tactless! good for you for giving them the blank stare, i'm usually so over-come with awkwardness that i just smile stupidly. for some reason seeing a person with children or pregnant makes people lose their heads and think they know you. its a HUGE over-sight in our society! keep fighting the fight!! and i'm very excited for you to have your baby :)

Phil and Holly said...

funny post joy.
phil

Mallory Hanna said...

Turkey Popper? Crazy people, ha ha.

I was just talking to Mark about how you are the kind of person people always feel comfortable around, because you are so genuinely yourself! I never felt judged around you. I haven't found anyone like that since you moved!!
P.S.
I love your blog more.

Unknown said...

I highly doubt you are a very large pregnant woman... I can't believe that someone would say these kinds of things! This is more evidence that you should come move to Arizona :) I would really like that! I am heading to Idaho this next week to visit everyone, makes me miss you more! Good times!! Can't wait to see your new little guy!