So Zackary decided late Saturday night that he was done soaking up the amniotic fluid in Joy's belly. At about 12:30 AM July 27th (nearly two weeks earlier than expected), Joy felt the gush that could only be her water breaking and we were off to the hospital. Joy was valiant, she labored (with an epideral) for about 5 hours, and then pushed for almost three with nearly no sleep. However, after a big, big push, and some help from the "tools", Zackary came forth weighing in at 6 pounds and 12 oz., and nearly 20 inches long. A meager start for a professional football player, but just perfect for little league basketball. Both Joy and Zackary are doing very well, and as perfect as can be! Here are some pictures taken just slightly after his arrival

.

21 comments:
What could little babies be thinking!? Culture Shock at it's greatest is all I can think. Congrats guys. You better feed him good, cause at the rate ours is growing, he's gonna be a more dominant athlete...
Zack looks perfect to us! What a handsome little man. He's just going to have to work on his timing a bit (no fair keeping both mom and dad up all night!!) Hope Zack can handle his little cousins on his mom's side (4 girls against 1 boy sounds like rough odds). But Z-Todd can do it! Way to go Joy and Todd. Your "production" looks wonderful to us.
well, I guess that was the last pregnancy picture:) congratulations, he's darling. What a nice surprise!!
Heather's mom
He is too cute. I have to say you chose a mighty fine name. Congrats!
SO CUTE! Congrats guys! We will be back at the village the first week in September... Maybe you guys can lend us Zach every once in a while to babysit since we will be the only ones without one of our own!!! When things settle down a bit,Joy,call me so we can chat!!!
I can't believe my baby sister has a baby! Ivy and Aunt Ellen send love and lots of kisses.
wow! he is perfect! Congratulations guys!
Oh my gosh!!! I have the cutest nephew in the world!!!!!! You guys have to come for Christmas or else I think I will die!! Love you tons and am glad everything went well!! Give him a hug and a kiss for me!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is so dang cute!! Way to go you guys!! And "yea" for Joy--two weeks early!!
Congrats! he is a cutie... and i bet you are so happy to have him OUT of your belly rather than in!
congrats! although, I have to say i'm a bit jealous, being that i am due about the same time you were and am still very pregnant. but that's okay. zackary is adorable, and i'm glad all went well! soak every moment up as much as you can... that's my one piece of advice.
congrats you guys he is way cute!! hope everything is going well with you!! - aubree
Yay! Congrats! He is adorable!!
Yea!! I talked to you yesterday, but I still had to say congratulations! CUTE pictures!!
he is the cutest little boy ever!!! Congratulations! Bet you are so happy to finally have him out!
I am so happy for both of you!
Congratulations!! He is adorable! We're just trying to figure out who he looks most like to us around here :) Love you all!
Oh Joy and Todd! I am soo happy for you guys! At least you didn't have to keep waiting around for two more weeks! Three hours sounds like a long time to push, so that stinks, but sounds like a short labor all in all! Fabulous! Well we miss you guys and we are happy for you!
Love,
Aria (and Walter at heart)
Also, we want pictures of Mama Joy.
Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet the latest little Jackson. Hopefully someday our baby Jaxon can meet your baby Jackson:)
he is soooo cute ! Great work Joy!
Congratulations on a job well done. He is indeed a beautiful baby! We are so happy to welcome #35! Love all three of you and oh by the way youhave picked out a really nice name!
Grandpa and Grandma Scott
Post a Comment