Sunday, July 20, 2008

top ten things I learned in childbirth class...

1) Labor stinks
2) Pushing can last for HOURS! (I really thought you pushed like three times and the baby came out.)
3) If you are American, then you are trained to believe you need an epidural
4) I'm American, so I'm getting one and don't make me feel bad about it
5) I'm tired of not being able to get off the floor gracefully, especially if front of a crowd
6) Todd is not that good at keeping me relaxed...so I'm glad my mom will be there
7) I now know how to give an infant a bath :)
8) Babies are funny looking when they first come out, but they will get cuter
9) I know I was going to go to ten, but I'm out of things.

Saturday we went to a child birth class that lasted for about 7 hours, and these are all the things I could come up with that I learned. Yep, there goes that forty bucks. My favorite thing was the tour of the hospital, and I got to listen to my baby's heartbeat. While doing this, the nurse looked at me and said "Oh, you're having a girl, huh?" I informed her that her hundred years of experience still had not given her the sixth sense to tell gender from a heartbeat rate. The other funny part was how all the husbands ate all the food the teacher had brought for the class, and they always seemed to be first in line at the bathrooms. Hint for all boys reading this, always let the pregnant ladies go first, especially when they outnumber you. :)

8 comments:

Rach said...

HA! we totally didnt do the birthing class...kinda glad we didnt. i was schedualed for one...the day i was induced. yeah not to scare you but i pushed for over two hours, but thats not always normal, like mallory (roomate) she pushed like twice and she was out. so really, dont listen to every ones stories and advice, cause you are going to be different then them anywho and youll figure it out for yourself.and dont feel bad about drugs, they were invented for a reason.

Nicole said...

That's awesome! We just found out that Jeff go into his program!!

Nicole said...

Yes it is!! We are so blessed! Actually, he only has 3 semesters!! Unless he does the master's program, which will be another year. I'm so relieved and so happy for him!!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

If you want proof of how funny looking babies are at first just go to my blog, I need to post new pics cause he is soooo much cuter now. so, yah-just be ready for a little alien. Cute blog by the way. ;)

Michelle said...

thats so funny! sounds like it was a fun class!!

KJ and Michelle said...

haha thats funny...are u guys going to be around this fall when we come back!? everyones leaving us!!!

Christine said...

Ha ha! That was funny, I laughed out loud. :) Sorry it wasn't what you hoped, but glad you got to see the hospital! Good luck!!

Jackson Family said...

Joy
from all of my experience being pregnaunt let me tell you what i learned...its really not as bad as everyone says...mine went smooth
love amanda
ha ha