Friday, September 30, 2011

A Lesson on Sharing

I signed Zack up for soccer this fall. I thought he would love to make new friends and chase after a ball. But I don't think we have ever sat Zack down to tell him how to play a real game of soccer.

So during the first game, Zack wouldn't leave Todd's side. He kept saying he didn't want to even play, because those other kids wouldn't share the ball with him. I told him over and over the point of the game was to take the ball and not to share it, but he just didn't get it. Hopefully by the end of the season he will understand the point, but maybe not. I think he's more of a football player anyway. :)

4 comments:

Wiseguys said...

Madi is the same way. I mean we DO teach our kids to share and be nice and not take things.

also I LOVE the face Todd is making in your header photo. So classic :)

Hoffman Family said...

He's cute. I laughed reading this. I think it makes sense.

Annie said...

who cares if he doesn't get it, he looks like a little stud in his uniform! i was trying to play soccer with m today and she just wouldn't believe that she couldn't use her hands...i think we will wait a few years :)

KAT said...

How fun! I am sure he will eventually go after the ball! So cute! I am so excited for next year! Steven Michael will be old enough for the soccer teams here! I can't wait!