So, I found this poem in a magazine the other day and really loved it. Here it is:
Cooking and cleaning can wait til tomorrow
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow,
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
I love it mostly because it's true, and also because it now validates my slacking in the cleaning department. :)
But I will post the top four things I love, love, love about Zack at this time:
1) how he puts both hands on cheeks and says "Oh no!"
2) when we pull into a parking spot and I turn to smile at him, he already has a huge grin on his face. The kind of grin that gives him three chins, huge dimples, and exposes all his teeth. Love it.
3) how he grabs my face with his sticky hands, or puts me in a headlock with his chubby arms, and "kisses" all over my face. Really he's just shoving his face into mine and drooling, but I love it all the same.
4) his rad dance moves. Really, he can shake his booty better then I can. And what's even more amazing is he can find the rhythm to ANY song, no matter how crappy. Even Miley Cirus. (Not sure I spelled her name right, but it's really not worth googling....)
Next post I'll put up some pictures. Like of the huge piece of corn he shoved up his nose last night. Or of the ginormous scrape on his forehead that might have resulted in a minor freak out call by me to my mom because I thought he had a concussion. Yeah, those will be up soon. But right now I'm going to go to sleep so in the morning I'm not to tired to cuddle my baby boy while he'll still let me. Night, night!
The Dirty Dash
9 years ago


1 comment:
I love that poem! In Jane Clayson Johnsons Book, I am A Mother, she has that poem in there & its a good reminder to me too! Thanks for sharing! Helps reduce the guilt - that shouldn't be there any, but we all still fight it. :)
Post a Comment