Wednesday, August 20, 2008

As my days blend together...

I realize they are all vastly different, yet pathetically the same (yes, I stole that from John and Kate Plus Eight). Everyday I wake up and spend about ten minutes trying to remember what day of the week it is. There are still two more weeks until school starts back up, and our little family is no where near having a schedule. Every time I think we have one, Zack decides to have an all-nighter. Good thing I got straight A's last semester, because I'm pretty sure this next one is shot. On a good note, Zack is one month old next week! This is exciting because:
1) That's one less month he is a newborn, which means he will be getting exciting soon.
2) I have not accidentally killed him like I did every single plant we owned before him. (2 ivy, 3 bamboo, a rose bush, some plant we got at Christmas, and another one we got when we were first married. Plus all the spice plants Todd tried to grow.) This means that ANYONE can have a kid and they will survive.

Sorry all these posts have been about babies, but I have nothing else going on right now. Oh! I did start to read Harry Potter for the first time. I just finished the first book. If anyone has the other ones and they live close by, can I borrow them? Thanks!

14 comments:

Aimee Jackson said...

oh my goodness! I have the cutest nephew in the world!! Hope to see him soon!!!!!!!!!! haha love you guys!

Ellen said...

Hot? Thanks sis. I am still working toward MILF status. Your kid is getting cuter and cuter. I am pissed that you have had no problems breastfeeding... the neck and neck race to be mom's favorite is now officially over. You win because your boobs aren't aflame every time he latches on. Seriously, he is adorable. Good job, little mama!

Phil and Holly said...

haha joy you crack me up! guess what I got mastitis... ya, breastfeeding has been quite the nightmare for me but I'm still trying!
Hey are you really going back to school this coming semester? I thought you were taking fall off and going back in the winter?
-Holly

Steph said...

I have all 7 Harry Potters... and i just live down stairs... let me know.

p.s. I know its weird that i leave you comments and i don't think i have ever talked to you... but whatever :)

Holly Mayer said...

Joy your little boy is so cute! when are you in class this term? I have a class t and th 5-6:30 and then wed at 7-10 but my mornings and afternoons are open. we should set up some baby switching time.

KurtandLori said...

There's my little man! and so wide awake (when did you take that picture...2 am?) Seriously, I miss Zack SOOOO much. And I miss those walks around the block with you and Todd. Keep that up until I get back. Just for the record, mom loves both of you girls the same no matter whether you feed the bottle or the way she did (she was a regular Jersey if you know what I mean). You're both wonderful mommies.

Nicole said...

My family has them all, but they don't live too close...when are you blessing Zackary?

Annie said...

He is getting just cuter every post! As Nikki said, I do have them all, but we don't live close by. :( But I still love you!

Aria said...

awe Joy, he is so cute! Its so crazy to think he's almost a month old!! I'm sad I haven't even met him before. I have most of the harry potters, but they are in storage, sorry! We miss you guys so much. You guys are going to be there this winter, i hope?!

chrissy said...

cute cute. if he's like char you only have 4 more weeks until he sleeps through the night. then all is well :)

Jackson Family said...

Hi Sweeties! Yes, I am actually posting a comment. Zack is getting cuter and cuter -- hurry and fly down here! I hope there are no objections from the Sweeney side if we steal you for awhile during the holidays. We love you and we are all waaaaaaay excited!

Rach said...

honestly woman, time for a new post.

Amanda said...

Yeah seriously what ever happened to the progressive plan...?? First a plant, then a puppy, and then a baby!! I think ya misses a step!! ha ha

Logan and Lisa said...

He is so cute Joy! I tried calling you a few times when I was in town but I remembered how you don't answer your phone. I will just have to text you next time.(: