Thursday, September 16, 2010

"beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boys... "


I found the above quote on a brick outside our local library. I'm not sure where it came from, who said it, or if it's famous, but it describes how I feel about my boys perfectly. They are just so beautiful.

We have been busy little bees around here. To start off, we went to visit my brother, Matt, and his wife, Cate, before they went to live in Scotland for a year. They stayed with my parents for a week and so Zack, Brody, and I went down for a visit. It was so great seeing them one last time.

This picture makes me all sentimental. My brother, Matt (the bearded man), loves to twirl hair. He only twirls my mom's, his wife's, and he used to twirl mine before he got married. And look at how he is looking at Brody. So cute.

Then it was Labor Day weekend. If you didn't know, I have taken up the hobby of running. Well, more like fast walking. :) I'm so NOT a runner. But on Labor Day I ran a 5k with two of my friends here. To put this in perspective: 6 months after having Zack I couldn't run a mile. Not even 3 months after having Brody I can run about three!!! This is very exciting to me. I didn't finish first, but, more importantly, I didn't finish last either. Next goal: run a 10k. Wish us luck.

Also on Labor Day: a trip to the lake with some friends and a hike with the family to see some waterfalls.

future NFL:
eating watermelon
LOVE Zack's expression here:

This is, sadly, the ONLY family picture I have. I don't mean the only one by the waterfall, but the only one that exists. :(

Zack has gone to like 5 princess parties this year. Let's just say, he has LOTS of girlfriends. Good thing he likes princess parties. I mean, with all the jewelry, pink glittery cake, and crowns what's not to like? The last one I dressed him up like a prince. I know the costume is a little pathetic, but seriously. The kid has no idea what a sword is and he wouldn't wear most of the prince clothes I picked out for him. Yay for free agency!!!

Watch out, little princesses, this little boy knows how to steal hearts!

And now for Brody. This little man is just getting more fun and adorable all the time. He loves snuggling on this red blanket and LOVES his changing table for some reason. Seriously, get him on that thing and he is all smiles.

6 comments:

Wiseguys said...

Your boys are so cute! No worries, Jaxon thinks he's a princess and always wants to dress in Madi's dress ups. He says "I wanna be beautiful". Way to go on the 5K! I'm hoping to run one beginning of December, but I promise I will not look nearly as good as you do :)

karis stapley said...

I really like that quote as well about the beautiful boys. :)
And congrats on your 5k run! That's awesome! I'm not a runner either, maybe more of a speed walker or jogger. :)

KurtandLori said...

You are an amazing mom. Pretty amazing daughter, too. We love seeing more photos of Zacky and Brody. They are definitely future RM heart throbs. Can't wait to see you and Todd and those boys next weekend!

Jackson Family said...

Cute, cute, cute -- such a beautiful family. Thanks for posting so many wonderful pictures -- and I like the curly look on your mom too!

cate said...

Thanks for the shout out Joy! You were so great to come our way for a visit. I can't tell you how much fun I had while you heckled Chris with "Cate's leg is higher" during P90X yoga. Oh good times. Matt and I are already reminiscing about good times in your company.

We should video chat sometime on google soon!

Matt said...

I think the quote is from the John Lennon song "Beautiful Boy". I'm not sure, but he says something similar in it. Even if it isn't what they were quoting, its still a good song. Copy the link into your browser bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uldu_1-JCJE